Sunday, June 27, 2010

Creamy Garden Pasta Salad

Creamy Garden Pasta Salad
From: gardentraveler

So, I saw these two recipes and thought both sounded yummy. Of course, I didn't have all of the ingredients for either one, so I used them as inspiration to create my own. You'll probably want to increase the ingredients some; this one makes 3 servings or so (maybe 4 small servings). Turned out tasty.

2 oz. spinach spaghetti, broken into 2" lengths

1/2 c. (2 oz.) frozen peas (I used petite peas)
1/2 c. (2 oz.) frozen corn

approx. 1 T. minced chives
1/2 t. minced garlic
1/2 c. (2 oz.) chopped carrot
1 large plum tomato, chopped (approx. 1 cup)
1 small avocado, chopped (approx 1 cup)

1/4 c. packed cilantro
1/4 c. nonfat greek yogurt
1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
juice of 1/2 lime
1/4 t. ancho chile powder
salt, to taste

Cook spaghetti until al dente, drain and rinse in cold water. Place in bowl and add a small amount of olive oil to keep the spaghetti from sticking.

Cook peas and corn (I zap them in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes. Add to spaghetti along with chives and garlic and refrigerate to cool).

Place cilantro, yogurt, olive oil, lime juice, chile powder and salt in small food processor. Blend until smooth. Mix into spaghetti and return to refrigerator.

Peel and chop the carrot (I used one large), tomato and avocado. Add to salad, blend, and refrigerate. I ate the first serving while it was just below room temperature and it was delicious.

No comments: