Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fresh Fruit Crisp

Fresh Fruit Crisp

From FairyChatMom


The apple crisp recipe is from my tattered old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.


Preheat oven to 350°

1/2 c quick rolled oats
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (I also add about 1/8 tsp nutmeg)
1/4 c butter or margarine
2 pounds apples or 2 1/2 pounds peaches
2 tbsp sugar (I don't use this, but it's in the recipe)

Combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and a dash of salt. Cut in butter to make coarse crumbs. Set aside.

Peel, core, and slice fruit to make 5-6 cups. Place fruit in a 10X6 baking dish (I used 8X8) sprinkle with sugar (like I said, I don't do this, but I do sprinkle a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg on the apples at this point.) Sprinkle crumb mixture over all. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes.

It does keep in the fridge - at least for one day. It's never lasted that long here. And I made a big batch today - 6 Granny Smith apples and doubled the topping.

No comments: