Sunday, December 4, 2016

FCM's Potato Soup

By: FairyChatMom
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens

Start with a couple of cups of chicken broth.  Peel and cube 6-8 potatoes, depending on size.  Also chop up one onion and one carrot (optional - the carrot is one of my tweaks.) The recipe also calls for dill, but I don't use it - your call. Cook it all till the potatoes are done.

Next, empty the soup pot into a big bowl and go at it with a potato masher.  I like to leave a bunch of unmashed chunks, and some folks like to process it all in a food processor - as you prefer.  Meanwhile, I shake up 2 cups of milk with 2-3 Tablespoons of flour, plus salt and pepper.  Melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter in the soup pot, then add milk/flour mixture and cook till it thickens.  Add the mashed potato mixture, mix well, heat thru, and serve.

I like to mix swiss cheese into my serving, spousal unit like a glop of sour cream.  Whatever works.

No comments: