Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tamari Almonds - well, Soy Sauce Almonds, really

Tamari Almonds - well, Soy Sauce Almonds, really
From: Lissla Lissar

I made tamari almonds yesterday, only I didn't because I used soy sauce. It was based on a recipe from Cheap Healthy Good. Loosely based. Bake a lot of almonds at 300F for about fifteen minutes. Mix soy sauce and brown sugar in equal proportions (I think I did about four cups of almonds and half a cup each soy and brown sugar) in a big heatproof bowl. Mix in almonds, stir for a couple of minutes.

Spread them back on the cookie sheet and bake for between 20-30 minutes, until the almonds are browner and the coating looks cooked on. Cool and eat.


Next time I'm doing it on a silicone sheet because they stuck like crazy to the cookie sheet.

They're really yummy and relatively low-carb. I'm going to see if Gnat likes them.

No comments: