Saturday, September 22, 2012

Italian Beef

Italian Beef
from tarragon918

I made Italian Beef in the crock pot tonight for dinner, it was so good! I just looked up a recipe on the Internet, so it's not really mine but here it is anyways:

1 medium onion, sliced in quarters
1 jar of pepperoncini
2-4 lb. pot roast, I used boneless chuck roast
@ 1 cup of beef bouillon
2 packets of good seasons zesty Italian dressing

I put the quartered onion in the bottom of the crock pot, followed by 1/2 the jar of peppers, along with half the liquid, next the roast, then the packets of dressing, followed by the beef bouillon and finally the rest of the jar of peppers. Cover the lid and cook on low at least 7 hours, or until the meat is "shreddable." Serve on sub rolls or french roll, with whatever condiments you prefer. It is a bit spicy from the peppers, but not too much I guess from them being cooked so long! I even ate a couple of them, believe it or not. And we used provolone cheese but I tell you, I could have eaten just the beef on the roll and it would have melted in my mouth (well, practically). Very delicious,and -very- easy.

No comments: