Saturday, September 22, 2012

Shrimp Scampi Bake (Link)

Shrimp Scampi Bake
Shared by FairyChatMom
From: allrecipes

And speaking of last night's supper, I used this recipe as a basis, but I changed a bunch. First off, I melted half of the butter called for in a large frying pan, then tossed in onions and mushrooms and sauteed. Then I added the other ingredients (but not the rest of the butter - it was just too much!!) plus some white wine - maybe half a cup? Once that was all blended and hot, I added a pound of shrimp, mixed it up, put on the lid, and let it cook for about 3 minutes. I mixed it again, gave it another minute to be sure the shrimps were cooked, then served it over pasta. I know dijon mustard isn't a standard scampi ingredient, but it added a nice surprise flavor.

It does need more sauce, but I refuse to have a full cup of butter. I shall figure out how to deal with that. But it is a yummy recipe.

No comments: