Tuesday, November 20, 2012

SENATOR RUSSELL'S SWEET POTATO SOUFFLE

SENATOR RUSSELL'S SWEET POTATO SOUFFLE
From: swampbear

(Why Senator Russell? I don't know. He was a Senator from Jawja and liked it I guess.)

3 large well-smashed up, (might wanna use your electric mixer. it's probably under the counter somewhere) sweet potatoes (but N.O.T.) (boiled or baked, your call)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk, cream, or evaporated milk (cream or evaporated milk is best. this is for a holiday people splurge!)
1/2 cup butter (real butter please!)
1 teaspoon salt (this can be left out or reduced but it does taste better with the salt. in the interest of culinary science I have tried it with and without.)

Topping:

1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup butter (see above)
1 cup pecans, chopped (walnuts work too. your call. I don't judge. ok, I do but not to your face. I got some couth.)



Combine first 7 ingredients and pour into greased casserole.

Mix brown sugar, flour, butter and pecans until crumbly and sprinkle on top.

Bake 30 - 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Ok, so this is actually more like a casserole but I grew up callin' it a souffle. So There!

No comments: