Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sherried Chicken Liver Pate

Sherried Chicken Liver Pate
From: Mahna Mahna

Dinner tonight is toasted baguette with olives and homemade sherried chicken liver pate.

Yes, I made my own pate (it's to bring over to The Angry Russian's house for NYE dinner). It was gooooooood and ridiculously easy (like, stupidly easy... like, remind-me-why-I-pay-money-for-the-premade-stuff-again easy).

All I did was saute a few strips of bacon until it was almost crispy, then added a couple of cloves of garlic and one shallot (all finely minced) and cooked until soft. To that, I added 3/4 cup of sherry and a handful of chopped fresh marjoram, and let it simmer for a bit to cook off a bit of the booze. Then I added a pound or so of chicken livers and cooked those until they were just barely pink. Poured the whole shebang into the food processor, added a little salt, pepper and a dash of balsamic. Then I gave it a whirl until it was smooth and poured into a pretty bowl before pouring over a thin layer of melted clarified butter to preserve the colour... and tah-dah! Deliciousness ensues.

No comments: