Sunday, February 28, 2010

Orange-Almond Scented Fruit Dip

From: gardentraveler

I improvised this to take to dinner. I served it with apple slices, grapes, strawberries and pineapple. Not really sure what to call this, because the flavors are subtle. So I came up with something pretentious-sounding. It was pounced on by everyone very unpretentiously and I ate the leftovers for breakfast with some of the leftover fruit. Measurements other than the cream cheese are total guesses. I'll be making it again because I'm thinking of serving it when my book group comes over and want to make sure I have the measurements down.

1/2 tub soft cream cheese
3 T. plain yogurt
Penzey's orange extract (1/8 t.? You could substitute orange zest; I was being lazy)
Penzey's almond extract (1/8 t.?)
Penzey's vanilla (1/8 t.?)
Dash Penzey's Baking Spice (similar to pumpkin pie spice)
Graftschafter Goldsaft Sirup (Here's another explanation.)(1 t.)Substitute a few drops of unsulphured molasses or use brown sugar instead of white sugar)
2 t. sugar (or to taste; might need more if using molasses)
1 T. sweetened coconut flakes
1 T. dried cranberries
1 T. blanched slivered almonds

Beat yogurt with cream cheese. Add sugar and flavorings and continue beating until smooth. Add mix-ins and beat until evenly distributed.

No comments: