Sunday, June 1, 2008

Fresh Salsa

Fresh Salsa
From: LVgeogeek

4-14 oz cans diced tomatoes, drained (I usually use fresh, but I didn't want to go to the store)
1 medium white onion, chopped
4 large cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp white vinegar
5 habanero peppers, chopped and stems removed
5 Serrano peppers, chopped and stems removed
about 5 ounces or so of roasted hot green chilies, peeled and stems removed
1 tsp cumin (more or less, depending on your taste)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Handful dried parsley (Again, I usually use fresh...)

Makes about 8 cups or so of salsa. I put it in mason jars and keep in the fridge. Stays good up to about 3 months.

I made this in my 14-cup Cuisi... My suggestion, mix all ingredients in a large bowl and add to food processor in batches. Pulse until desired consistency.

Note: This salsa is very HOT!! Also, I highly recommend wearing plastic gloves while handling and chopping the peppers and chilies.

No comments: