Friday, October 10, 2008

Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes

Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
From: Most Creative User Name Ever

This is a favorite of mine and hubbys. We don't do normal mashed potatoes anymore! We do these.


10 potatoes, peeled and quartered (I've found that this is almost a 5 pound bag)
6-8 oz cream cheese (recipe calls for 6, I usually toss in the whole package, I use light or fat free)
1 cup sour cream (I use light or fat free, typically fat free)
6 tablespoons butter
1 packet Hidden Vally Ranch dressing mix
1/4 tsp paprika

Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain and mash until smooth, I do use a potato masher here to mash them.

While the potatoes are boiling mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch packet together. (I do this in the Kitchen Aid using the paddle.)

Add the potatoes a bit at a time to the mixer and mix until smooth and fluffy. Place mixture in a 9x13 baking dish and refrigerate until ready to prepare. ( I like them to sit overnight.)

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Dot with remaining butter and sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes uncovered, until heated through.

I've heard that these freeze well too, but haven't tried it yet. I keep meaning to though!

No comments: