Saturday, February 14, 2009

Scallops in Spicy Hoisin Sauce

Scallops in Spicy Hoisin Sauce
from: sturmhauke

I know what you were all thinking. "Man, I saw that seafood pasta V-Day advice seeking thread thingy, and I loved sturmhauke's previous scallop and linguine recipe, but I want even more awesomeness so I can make, like, 4 different scallop things on V-Day! And I really hope he posts it here first before that other thread!" Never fear, for I have read your minds and produced the following:

1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
1/2 lb. scallops
1/2 tbsp. coconut or white vinegar
1/2 tsp. hoisin sauce
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 lb. cooked linguine or 2 c. cooked rice

Sautee garlic in sesame oil for 1 minute. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until scallops are done, 3-4 minutes. Serve over linguine or rice.

What can I say, the cooking muse keeps throwing scallops at me.

No comments: