Monday, May 12, 2008

Raspberry Preserves

Raspberry Preserves
From: gardentraveler

(The original recipe was for 8 oz. frozen raspberries. I had a 12 oz. package from Trader Joe's, so I adjusted the amount of sugar.)

12 oz. Frozen Raspberries
3/8 c. sugar.

Place the frozen unsweetened raspberries and the sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over low heat (move around and break up frozen clumps as it heats up). Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until liquid starts to thicken a little bit. Do not let it burn. Remove from heat and pour into a heatproof measuring cup (I used a plastic container). You should have just over a cup of preserves. Add a drop or two of lemon juice. Cover and place in the refrigerator for a few days before using. I didn't follow this last instruction and the consistency was fine. It was already thickening before I put it in the fridge.

No comments: