Wednesday, May 7, 2008

SUPER EASY NUMMY CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS

SUPER EASY NUMMY CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS
From: swampbear

2 1/2 to 3 lb. chicken
Salt & pepper to taste
1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
Sm. pkg. flour tortillas (cut into strips)

Boil chicken with salt and pepper until done. Let cool and debone chicken. Chop deboned chicken and set aside. Add can of cream of chicken soup to chicken stock and bring to a boil. Drop in tortilla strips a few at a time. Cook until the tortillas are done (two minutes at the most). Add cut up chicken and stir well.

NOTE: I usually boil the chicken the night before and debone it once it's cool. Once the broth has cooled down, I cover it and stick it in the fridge overnight. You can use plastic wrap, aluminum foil or whatever you think makes a good cover, I don't judge. If one desires, one can lift off most of the fat from the broth, which as we all know, will pretty much rise to the top of the cold broth. I usually lift off about half of it. I throw the fat away. You do with it as you please. Then I reheat the broth on medium high heat (I have an electric stove. If you don't have an electric stove you'll have to figure out for yourself what that means) and when it's warmed up, I add the cream of chicken soup and bring it to a boil.

No comments: