Saturday, June 29, 2013

SpazCat's Modfied Jambalaya

SpazCat's Modfied Jambalaya
from SpazCat

Spaz says: "I'm going to share my jambalaya recipe with y'all and for later recipe blogification. It's good stuff. It's called modified because it's based off of the Campbell's Kitchen Jambalaya on Allrecipes.com. I left a few things out and added a few things in to personalize it to my taste."

2 cups chicken broth
1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1-2 green peppers, diced
1-2 onions, diced
2 cups of celery, diced (I like to use the center stalks of the celery and the leaves)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 kielbasa or andouille sausage, cut into chunks
1 cup white rice

Pull out your slow cooker. Add onion, green peppers, celery, tomatoes, and sausage. Mix it up a little. Add rice over the top. Add red pepper flakes over the top of that. Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours. Enjoy.

Note: I added 1-2 teaspoons of cumin (can't remember how many now) to the pot I'm making now. I'll let you know how that goes.  

No comments: