Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Awesome Stuffed Pork Chops

Awesome Stuffed Pork Chops
From: Dolores Reborn

I had four big fat boneless pork chops that just screamed for stuffing. I've never made stuffed poke chops before, so I perused a few recipes, and just made it up as I went along.

I browned 4 chopped sliced of bacon and set it aside. I drained off most of the grease, and sauted 1/2 an onion, some diced celery and carrot, and 1 garlic clove, minced fine. Added poultry seasoning and thyme, salt and pepper. When all was soft, I stirred in about a cup of fresh bread crumbs (two slices - I should have used three) and moistened with a bit of chicken stock. Then I stuffed the poke chops which had been seasoned with salt and pepper.

Browned them over medium heat with a bit of olive oil, then flipped them to brown the other side. Added a little chicken stock to the pan, then covered and baked at 350° for 30 minutes.

Tender and moist and flavorful! I made the pan juices into gravy by adding a slurry of corn starch and water. I'll leave out the bacon next time, because I couldn't taste it at all.

No comments: