Friday, November 14, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Dip I and II

Buffalo Chicken Dip I
From: Always Brings Pie

(Originally from the Congressional Club Cookbook)
Dancing Shoes (and buffalo) optional

5 cups cooked, shredded chicken
12 oz Red Hot
1 lb cream cheese
1 cup ranch dressing
1 cup (or more) shredded cheese (the recipe called for monterey jack but I only had cheddar)

Combine first four ingredients in a saucepan and heat until the mixture is smooth and bubbly. Pour into a 9x13 pan and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes. Serve with chips or crackers. Note: the original recipe calls for celery, but I'm not interested in those health foods. Note #2: This recipe could easily be halved as I have been eating it all day and there is still way too much left over.


Added 12/29/2009:
Buffalo Chicken Cheese Dip II
From FairyChatMom


Only significant differences I see is that this one has much less chicken, a longer baking time and a hint for handling it if the top is oily.

2 pkgs - Cream cheese, Softened (do NOT use Light variety)
¾ cup – Hot Sauce (Buffalo Wing sauce)
1 cup – Ranch dressing
2 cups – Cubed, cooked Chicken (shredded works better, IMHO)
1 cup – Shredded Cheddar


Combine cream cheese and hot sauce. Add ranch dressing and stir till blended.
Stir in Chicken & cheese

Pour in a 9x13 pan (sprayed with cooking spray)

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. (If oily on top, blot with paper towels before serving)

Serve with tortilla chips

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Buffalo Chicken Dip has been so popular at parties this fall! I've seen it everywhere. I want to recommend a shortcut: If you use Swanson canned chicken instead of boiling and shredding your own it saves a ton of time. I work with Swanson so I know their chicken is all white breast meat. It's low cal/low fat too! We use Swanson chicken in our recipe and get compliments all the time! Also, if you like blue cheese sauce with your hot wings I recommend subbing blue cheese dressing for ranch and blue cheese crumbles for the shredded cheddar. Enjoy!