Sunday, November 30, 2008

Subtle Gingerbread

From: FairyChatMom

This is a rapid bake bread for a Black & Decker machine and I have no idea about other machines or making bread the old-fashioned way, but here goes. (Was that enough in the Disclaimer Department??)

1 cup milk (I used 2T powdered milk and enough water to make 1 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 T shortening (I used butter)
2 T molasses
2 T brown sugar
3/4 t salt
3 1/4 c flour
3/4 t ginger *
1/2 t cinnamon *
1/4 t ground cloves *
2 t yeast

Dump the ingredients in the order shown into the bread machine. Set for rapid bake (about 2 hours on my machine) Take it out when it's done and eat it. It comes out bread-like rather than cake-like.

*The flavors were really subtle - if I make it again, I'll probably double the ginger at least.

No comments: