Thursday, April 10, 2008

Great-Grandma Ho-Ho's Banana Cake

Great-Grandma Ho-Ho's Banana Cake
From: Most Creative User Name Ever

Growing up I could never say Holmstrom, which is her last name. I always called her Great-Grandma Ho-Ho. The name kind of stuck.

Ingredients:
1/2 c. Oleo (I use butter)
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 tbsp. milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
4 or 5 ripe bananas

Icing:
2 tbsp. oleo (once again I use butter)
1/4 c. milk
2 c. confectioners' sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Chopped nuts (optional, I never put nuts in my baked goods)

Combine oleo (butter), sugar, eggs, and milk. Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Stir in vanilla and bananas.

Bake in 9 x 13 inch pan at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Ice while warm.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

actually you would say...ate--mama--hoho

hugs