Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Rigby's Fucking Heavenly Cookies

Rigby's Fucking Heavenly Cookies
From: eleanorigby

Ok, ok, I'm bending to the incredible pressure placed on me. Here is the cookie recipe:

4 squares (I presume 4 oz) Baker's UNsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup unsalted butter--yes, BUTTER. Cope.
2 cups white sugar-the refined, godless empty calorie kind.
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour (I used 2 and 1/4. Sue me)
semi-sweet chocolate chips
chopped walnuts or pecans or hazelnuts (N.O.H.)-however much you want. Chopped cherries, if that's where your heart lies. You are in control of your own destiny. Not me.

These cookies come with a glaze, but I reduce everything to the least amount of steps I can(you call it lazy; I call it efficient), so I didn't even contemplate making it. If you want it so bad, go buy the f**king Chocolate squares and look into it yourownself. Ahem-I digressed.

Melt choc and butter in microwave. 2 minutes on high ought to do it. I don't know your microwave. It might take longer or shorter--work with me here. Stir choc and butter to melt all of chocolate. Add all of sugar and blend. Add vanilla and blend. Add eggs (I add them one at a time. You do what you want. It's your kitchen).

Moving on:

Add flour and stir. These cookies are so good, they don't need no stinkin' leavening. There is no baking soda or powder in them. How freeing!
Refrigerate dough for about an hour (that's what I did. You can do it overnight). Preheat oven to 350. Foreigners, you're on your own. I'll hazard a guess and say 3. Weird ovens in the EU.

Shape into 1 inch balls--hey, they're cookies. They're not rigid entities, committed to arbitrary limits--go with the flow, dude. Place on cookie sheet (ungreased). Bake for about 8-10 minutes. The tops should look "set". Let set on sheet for about one minute, then cool on rack--important step. Devour as many as you can before someone else smells them. I recommend skim milk, but it's a free country. Philistines can drink what they like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are delicious.